Public administration is one of the most popular subjects which is chosen by many candidates for civil services mains examination. It’s considered as one of the best subjects for Civil Services Mains. If you chose public administration as one of you subjects then you must know the right books in order to prepare this subject fully. There are many books which you may be already knowing and studying from. There are many more good books to study from and that why we bring you the list of best books to prepare public administration for civil services mains.
Here is the list of books :
- Public Administration ( 1st Edition ) by M. Laxmikanth – (Tata Mcgrew Hill)
- New Horizons of Public Administration by Mohit Bhattacharya
- Indian Administration 6th Edition by Maheswari’s
- Indian Administration 1st Edition by Pearson Publishers
- Indian Administration 5th Edition by S. Chand
- Public Administration Concepts and Theories by Rumki Basu
- Public Administration and Public Affairs by Nicholas Henry
- Administrative Thinkers by Sterling
- Public Administration Dictionary 2nd Edition by Vikram Singh
- Administrative Theories and Management Thoughts by RK Sapru
Here is the contents of the first book Public administration which is published by Tata Macgraw hill Education Publishers and written by M. Laxmikanth.
- Basic Concepts and Principles
- Administration Theories
- Administrative Behaviour
- Control and Accountability
- Administrative Systems
- Personnel Administration
- Financial Administration
- Union Government and Administration
Beside these books, there are lot more local written books which you can read but they can’t guarantee that all the topics will be covered in detail. So it’s always better to buy standard books and start preparing from those. Still there is a lot of time for the IAS Mains Exam and hence you can prepare and revise public administration from any of these books. Specially book by M. Laxmikanth is very good in explaining all the topics neatly such that you don’t need any notes to study it again. You have to just go through the book once to get everything back in your mind.
If you are aware of any other good book than these ones, comment the book name so that we can include it to our list.
Don’t forget to like our subscribe to our email list to get all the latest updates.